Southend Borough Council’s Funding a Green Future 2012 – Event Invite.
Ibex Earth invites you to attend Southend on Sea Borough Council's free sustainability conference - ‘Funding a Green Future 2012’ - which takes place during Climate Week on Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th March 2012.
The venue is the Park Inn Palace Hotel, which overlooks Southend on Sea Pier - http://www.parkinn.co.uk/hotel-southendonsea and is easily accessible by public transport (including from both London Liverpool Street and London Fenchurch Street). The conference is free to attend and will cover talks on carbon reduction, resource efficiency, low-carbon buildings, sustainable transport and funding the growth of the low-carbon economy.
Speakers include the carbon reduction charity10:10, PricewaterhouseCoopers, the Committee on Climate Change, Marksman Consulting LLP, LDA Design and many more.
However, it is the morning session on Wednesday 14th March that I would like to draw your attention to. The session has been designed by Ibex Earth to promote the opportunities available to local authorities, communities and businesses through the growth of the low-carbon economy.
09:15-10:00 - Registration
- Dr Ute Collier, Team Leader at the Committee on Climate Change, speaking on ‘UK Carbon Budgets – Challenges and Opportunities’
- Dr Ruth Rule, Assistant Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers, speaking on ‘The Green Deal – Opportunities for Communities’
- Robert Shaw, Director of Sustainability and Climate Change at LDA Design, speaking on ‘Opportunities for Local Communities through the growth of the Low-Carbon Economy’
- Jasmine Singh, Associate of Marksman Consulting LLP, speaking on ‘Financing the Local Low-Carbon Economy’
- Sustainability East Leadership Programme speaking on ‘Opportunities for the East of England’, with James Stacey Partner of Earth Capital Partners available for Q&A on low-carbon growth opportunities
12:30-13:30 – A free lunch provided to all delegates.
If you would like to attend this event for free then visit http://fagf2012.eventbrite.com/ to register, but please note that the programme on the Eventbrite website does not currently contain the updated programme, which has been detailed above.